SHOWMEN'S MARKETPLACE - CLASSIFIED ADS

Click here to learn how YOU can advertise in the Showmen's Marketplace.

Home | News | Marketplace & Classifieds | Photo Galleries | Advertise | Contact Us
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 12/25/2100 12:00:00 PM(UTC) ridesicknsc  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2004 11:56:41 AM(UTC)
ridesicknsc

Groups: Registered

J&J Amusements is at the Galleria Mall in Rock Hill, SC. They have:
Ferris Wheel (maybe an Eli, I'm not good at telling the difference in wheels)
Tilt-A-Whirl
Hurricane
Zipper
Orbiter (not completely set up yet)
Ring of Fire
MGR
Lollipop Swings
Zamperla Train
Bear Affair
Dragon Wagon or something similar
Hampton

I drove by at lunch time, so I could be missing some. That's the best look I got.

Racked in back of the mall, and probably not going to be set up, is the Spider and Super Slide.

There's lots of games and at least two food joints.

I will probably go next week sometime as my weekend already looks full.
Sponsor
User is suspended until 12/25/2100 12:00:00 PM(UTC) ridesicknsc  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2004 2:58:58 PM(UTC)
ridesicknsc

Went to see J&J at the mall last night. I have to make some additions and clarifications.

In addition to the rides listed in my first post, there is a Fire Chief, Pete the Dragon, and a second Hampton. Both Hamptons are combos with cars and trucks.

The ferris wheel is an Eli 16.

The Orbiter was completely set up.

The Dragon Wagon had no train on it. The track, fencing, and front were set up, and the lights were on, but there was no train on the track. I guess it's being serviced or something.

They weren't making much money last night, the midway was almost empty. The ride and game operators were sitting around reading or eating. The people in the games weren't even trying to call anybody in. I suppose they thought, "Why bother, there's no one here."

I hope they get more business later in the week. They're at the mall through Sunday, 5/30/04.
User is suspended until 12/25/2100 12:00:00 PM(UTC) orphaned  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2004 3:16:05 PM(UTC)
orphaned

I talked to one show owner this week on the phone who said he had had a TERRIBLE spring and wasn't making any money. He said even when the weather is good, that if people even come out, they are NOT spending. Could be an isolated case, but seem to be hearing/reading more and more about stories like this lately.
Offline Skywheelrider  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2004 3:47:36 PM(UTC)
Skywheelrider

Was thanked: 342 time(s) in 273 post(s)
Here in Michigan, when the weather has cooperated, I have seen lots of people on the lots, lots of people spending money. I stress when the weather cooperates. Shows have lost some Saturdays and some Sundays to rain, and/or cold. Wade was jamming in Flint, McDonagh was doing fine in Burton the night I was there, Wade was doing fine in Westland, St. Clair Shores, and both Gibraltar Trade Centre spots when I visited. Mid America was jammed in St. Clair Shores last weekend and had nice crowds in Garden City and in Warren at both spots this Spring. But, there have been at least two Saturdays lost in May, and last Sunday was not all that great, intermittent thunderstorms, with the evening storms calling it for good. Justin said McDonagh did not even open up by Flint on Sunday, started tearing down, and a nasty storm came up complete with a funnel cloud right over the lot, and from what I understand it did touch down nearby Wade's lot along I-69. Scary stuff.

This weekend will be a big test, lots of events going on, the first big holiday weekend of the season here in Michigan, the weather is supposed to be nice. But this is Michigan, after all....
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Offline JustinJames  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2004 6:31:23 PM(UTC)
JustinJames

United States

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 210 post(s)
Yeah, we were folding the top canvas on my Blizzard and said "hey the storms comming we better hurry" then we saw the funnel cloud forming and moving our way and we said "@#$% it run for your lives!". LOL
Rss Feed  Atom Feed